View Single Post
Old
10-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Hollywood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
So you suggest the Kings trade a young goalie who had 21 wins in 41 starts in his first season as a goalie, and suggest replacing him with an unproven goalie who is finally starting to show consistency for once... yeah, that makes a ton of sense. Ever heard of the term "maximum asset value?" Your suggestions indicate to me that you haven't.
My point was, he was nothing and developed last year into something(maximum asset value) we knew he wasn't.... Media and teams around the league picked up on this sensation(Quick) ( i knew he wasn't I think he is brutal)
Last year with our players advancing we knew we needed a second line centre and look what has happened with Frolov(Terry Murray has single handedly lowered his trade value). Last year we could have packaged Frolov and Quick and maybe Teubert +pick for two great players...
Instead, quick is showing his true colours and will never have the value he had last year and frolov is in a contract year and the coach is benching him... We could have had that second line centre and 3rd defenceman.
We missed out... so we waste a million on a goaltender that should be earning 75000k in the AHL. SMART

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote