View Single Post
Old
10-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Stiffler

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Plekanec has been, and at 1/3rd the cost!
Plekanec has been our best player? What games did you watch? He watch good at best, and his line didn't provide much treath most games. Gomez' line was a constant treath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tavares View Post
i love how habs fans are saying its a fair trade yet when it was made, they wanted to lynch BG for it. Gomez is good, but not $7M good lets get real here. Mcdonough is a great prospect since he was drafted and adding him to the deal(you could of had gomez for a bunch of pucks ffs) was just dumb.
I think saying that we could have had Gomez for a bunch of pucks is a terribly dumb statement to make. Fantasy and reality are two things. Whatever you think of the trade, Gainey didn't just had McDonagh because he sucks, he added McDonagh because there was competition for him. I didn't like how much we gave back then, still think it was a high price to pay now, but Gomez was the only center that moved during the summer despite all speculations and most articles that came out about it point to that competition for his services...

Besides, had Gomez been a UFA this summer, we would have had no choice but to give him that kind of contract anyway, so what's the point of turning every single Gomez conversation around his salary? Does somebody here really believe that had he been UFA we would have had him for less than what he makes now?

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote