View Single Post
Old
10-24-2009, 11:50 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Handzus had a terrible first period, which was bad enough to merit the bad game label, but I did feel like he picked it up in the 2nd and 3rd as far as not making anymore mistakes. Not saying he had a good 2nd or 3rd, just a typical 2nd and 3rd.

I also love that Simmonds is creating the dilemma of what to do with Williams. I feel like Simmonds should stay on that line which would allow us to play Williams with Stoll and Parse (very surprised with how solid he was tonight) which will create a little more dangerous 2nd scoring line.

Frolov was ok, and maybe could have had a better game if Handzus had a stronger 1st, but Fro needs more than "ok" to show that he wants to stay with this team.

Harrold and Richardson played exactly how they should have for a 4th line, no penalties, no defensive mistakes, and some energy in the offensive zone. The Rat drew a penalty and didn't take one in limited ice time, no one on the yotes threw any cheapshots at our players, so that's a good game and presence for him in my book.

Kopitar and Brown with another good game, Smyth didn't stand out but if your linemates are putting the puck in the net (Simmonds and Brown+Stoll on the PP) its alright if you don't stand out.

All 6 D-men were fairly solid, but Quick needs to be stronger and more consistent.

Solid game all together, and hopefully we have more energy than the jackets tomorrow. One thing that we often take for granted is how physically difficult the ducks are to play against and how often we get to play teams the day after they play at the ponda (Jackets and Stars already)

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote