View Single Post
Old
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
I'd be hard pressed to beat this list. Nice one..

I'd put Jaromir Jagr, Phil Esposito, Bobby Clarke and Stan Mikita in the top 15 forwards ahead of Frank Mahovlich, Steve Yzerman, Howie Morenz and Red Kelly, though. And for now, I'd have placed Hasek ahead of Brodeur in the top five goalies. Can't see any other glaring omissions, though.
Thanks.

I thought Espo was a little one dimensional and I already have a pure scorer in Bossy. I like Mikita, the Big M was better. More size, better passer. For a few seasons the Big M was as good as it got in the league and was the one guy that Beliveau really worried about. Yzerman and Kelly are really close for me. Both trade on their versatility and leadership. I'd stick with Kelly, but I can respect your selection of Yzerman. Clarke is a tough one for me. Kinda falls into the same category as Espo in that I have his style of player there already: Messier. Do anything to win, good skater, great leader, tough as nails. Jagr was borderline for me, I could be convinced to put him in, my opinion is probably distorted by his past few seasons. Granted I'm going on heresay for Morenz, but I'm a Habs fan and am not above a little homerism once in a while.

As for Hasek... He had a remarkable run for a while there but for me a big, big part of goaltending is consistency. In his early and later seasons he was very prone to soft goals at bad times. I would take all 5 of my guys ahead of Hasek on that criteria. In fact Hasek was #7 on my original list behind Fuhr.