View Single Post
Old
10-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Hobey Baker

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesJokebook View Post
Has anyone seen Lagace play in person? He seems really promising, but I want a first hand account.
Yes, seen him quite a bit, and he's very consistent at the junior level. Not the biggest, not the fastest, but he's strong on his feet and very good at retrieving pucks from the corners and taking them to the net. We've said Dumont on here a couple times in terms of style and appearance. Not a dead ringer by any means, but he's n OK skater who grinds thru checks to make plays. I think he favors his wrister, and he's pretty accurate as he floats into lanes to get it off. Shoots the puck quite a bit. Hard to rate a q forward defensively at times, but he's always put forth better effort than his +/- suggests.

Paquette caught him with his head down on Friday. Left his feet and smoked him. Head shot. Not sure if he's going to miss time. Sags play today I believe, so we'll see.

Lagace is a good overall player in juniors, and I think it'll translate well moving forward. I think he was rated 75 or so by CSB in their final ranking during his draft year. Looking back at the draft class, he was probably more of a late 3rd/4th than a 5th.