Thread: Confirmed with Link: Yelle Waived
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2009, 01:32 PM
canesnecu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i think sutters future is as wing not at center. dont know about with staal, but who knows. the kid hasnt shown any signs of being a playmaker, but definitely has it in him to go deep on the forecheck and work the boards for loose pucks. thats a good winger. his game seems very similar to a less offensive trevor linden to me, and the same problem occurred much of his career. despite his obvious preference to play rw and his best play coming from there, he often got put at center because he could win draws and was a decent center. jokinen has this same problem. long term id really love to see sutter get a long look at wing.

geoff sanderson was a center through junior, and he was played there as a rookie, holmgren took one look at him and threw him on wing - he scored 46 goals up from 13. not that sutter will ever do that, but players can play their entire careers at the wrong position, if no one ever thinks to try them elsewhere. just cuz a guy is "smart" and has played center doesnt mean he wouldnt make a better winger.
damn bleedgreen we're psychic
http://fans.hurricanes.nhl.com/topic/15678
”I think Brandon Sutter is a guy that can play more than one position,” said Maurice. “I think he’s going to need to if he ends up playing the fourth-line role now or three years from now. He’s going to need more ice time than just that. In order to do that, he’s got to play more than one position and get out of the middle.
“We may move him around,” Maurice continued. “I don’t think we’ll lose anything immediately in doing that, but we may gain something down the road with him having experienced another position.”

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote