Thread: Confirmed with Link: Yelle Waived
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
karparules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eerodynamic View Post
I think call for Wallin continues because most of us think someone like Carson would bring just as much to the table(with more mobility) and hopefully wouldnt be as prone to watching cross crease passes slide under his limbs to the opponent on the back door ready to hammer the puck. Sadly Nik has become a revolving door in front of the net
Yeah, I've seen Wallin make some bad plays in front of the net, but I've seen him make plenty of good ones as well. I'm excited about the possibilities of guys like Carson, Rodney and McBain too, but Brett Carson is injured right now and McBain is just starting to play well in Albany after looking a bit lost in the first few games. He needs more time in the AHL in my opinion. Bryan Rodney would be a good candidate for a defense callup, but he isn't going to help much with getting guys out of the crease. Whether you like him or hate him, barring injury, Wallin isn't going anywhere right now. At a minimum, Carson needs to get healthy and get in at least 5-10 games in Albany before we should even consider giving him a shot.

As for Boychuk, I do think that he has something to add at the NHL level right now, but his penchant for risky passes makes me nervous. I'd rather give Daniels a season to help him a bit with his decision making. That isn't a problem with Sutter. He has the poise of an NHLer; whether his physique is up to the challenge is a matter of opinion. Obviously, the Hurricanes think it is. I say good for Brandon. He is exactly the type of hard-worker you want on your team.

karparules is offline   Reply With Quote