View Single Post
Old
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
Griess is not better then Nabokov, if he was he wouldn't have spent the last couple of seasons in Worcester.
A.) It's just that simple, huh? Young athletes do not improve, and aging athletes do not decline. Gotcha.

B.) I didn't say he was better. There is a difference between being better than someone, and playing "as well as, or better than" someone. We have all seen Nabokov's A game, and it is very good. I don't think he's got it at the moment.

C.) I made no predictions.
Quote:
I think their back up is playing as well as, or better than, Nabokov at this point. He seemed sharp but not comfortable, if that makes sense. I think if at some point he takes the starting job from Nabokov he could have a break out year behind that team.
I simply said IF Griess were able to take the starter's job (either from out playing Nabokov, or perhaps if Nabokov gets injured), that he would be capable of having a break out year behind a very good Sharks team. I was implying that if he were able to get comfortable and into a good rhythm (via more starts) that he could play even better (though obviously his % from last night looks very good).

Also, one game is too small a sample size to make a firm evaluation of a player, if all you have to go off of is results. If you actually watch the player and evaluate their game however, it isn't that hard to get a decent sense of how good someone is or can be. Also like I said, this isn't the first time I have seen him play.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote