View Single Post
Old
12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Let's look at the Rangers' loss. It doesn't take into account any revenue from the Hartford Wolfpack, which is fully owned and operated by the Rangers, even though it accounts for Hartford's expenses. It doesn't take into account that the Rangers do not have a normal TV deal like the Isles do.
Forbes estimated the Islanders television contract at seventeen million a year now, that's hardly a normal deal for an NHL team. Msg overpaid huge to own the television rights and the deal runs until 2030. Many teams in the league only get a million for local cable rights.

Until the Devils recently resigned they were making eight million and reportedly got a huge bump. The Rangers reportedly make 18 million and have to split 60/40 on Fox with Rupert Murdoch because of the merger.

Quote:
How much did MSG Networks make last year from advertising during Ranger games, and how much did the Rangers officially receive from that? Or how much of the concession sales, merchandise sales, and parking fees from the games officially went to "Madison Square Garden" and not the "New York Rangers"?
http://www.cablevision.com/index.jhtml?id=2004_08_09

Operating income for the second quarter totaled $107.7 million compared to an operating loss of $9.3 million in the prior year period. Second quarter AOCF was $119.9 million compared to AOCF of $9.2 million in the prior year period. The second quarter operating income and AOCF include the recognition of a $54.0 million payment received from the New York Mets (related to the exercise of a termination option under their rights agreement, effective for the 2006 season) and the related reversal of a $41.8 million purchase accounting liability. Additionally, the quarter includes a one-time expansion payment from the NBA of $10.3 million, which is recorded in net revenue. Excluding these one-time items, second quarter net revenues would have grown 17% and AOCF would have grown $4.7 million or 49%, driven by playoff revenue from the Knicks and more event bookings.

Quote:
What about the luxury suites? Wirtz listed them as going to the arena and not the team, even partially. I don't deny that some teams are losing money, but I don't believe that things are by and large as bad as Bettman would lead us to believe, so I don't support such a drastic measure.
How many season ticket holder do the Hawks have these days? I saw something that said it was around 5,000. This was the same product owned by the same people that managed the team in Chicago Stadium. This is also the same ownership that decided to make the Hawks ppv.