Thread: News Article: Scuderi Fined for Hit on Chimera
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

vCash: 500
" After practice today, Rob Scuderi said he agreed that his check on Columbusí Jason Chimera was too low, and didnít argue the fine he received from the NHL yesterday. The maximum fine, per the collective bargaining agreement, is $1,000, so thatís almost certainly what Scuderi got, although it hasnít been confirmed. After the game, Scuderi was careful in his words about whether or not his hit ó which, from replays, seemed to start on the outside of Chimeraís knee ó was acceptable. Today, he addressed the hit.

SCUDERI: ďI got a call from Colin Campbell yesterday, and he expressed to me that he thought the hit was a bit low. At the time, I hadnít seen it yet. I did see it later in the day, and I wish I could disagree with his judgment, but it was low. Iíve had a lot of hip checks the last few years, but that one just wasnít right. It was definitely in a questionable area, and I have to pay my fine.

ďItís the first time Iíve ever been involved in anything even remotely controversial. Ö If anything, Iím more disappointed in myself, because Iíve always played hard but Iíve always played fair and honest, so itís not the way I want to be seen as playing in this league. Fortunately, Chimera wasnít hurt any more.Ē

Scuderi said he has been attempting to get in touch with Chimera and apologize for the hit.

SCUDERI: ďAll I can do is give him a call and extend the apology. Itís up to him if he wants to accept it or not. I understand if heís mad. All I can do is offer it up.Ē

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote