View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 06:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Don't forget MacLellan that still has a decent shot to earn a job in Hamilton.

I'm quite surprised Tampa sent us Holmqvist. Isn't he their best Dman prospect, maybe even their best overall prospect? If so, I'm not going to complain, but Archer could then be bumped off the 1st pairing for him who also plays right handed.

Here's the report from HF on Holmqvist:

"Holmqvist has NHL size (6'4, 190) to back up his physical game. He still needs to fill out his large frame and be more consistent, but it's only a matter of time and maturity. He's a fine skater who makes a nice first pass and has a good, hard, and accurate right-handed shot. He gets involved in all aspects of the game and is adept at special teams play - especially the power play.

Compared to fellow countryman and Vancouver defenseman Mattias Ohlund, Holmqvist projects as a 2/3 defenseman. In the future, he will be capable of logging significant minutes and will be counted on for what his team’s have always counted on him for – contributions in every aspect of the game."
I do hope they sign MacLellan, but if signed, they can still consider sending him back to PEI, where he will be the #1 defensemen getting a ton of ice time under Vigneault. (their defense is shaky, and could really use Big Mac! Hamilton will already have Archer and Shasby as rookies so 3 rookies on defense is a lot, but I wouldn't mind as long as they sign him.

I'm not all that fimiliar with Holmqvist, but I would hope that Archer gets a lot of ice time. Last year, Komo played with Beauchemin at times, and Bouillon as well, sometimes on the 3rd pairing, and others on the top pairing, so it's tough to say who and where each guy will play.