View Single Post
Old
10-28-2009, 03:02 AM
knivez

vCash: 500
I need advice.

I'm in a 30 team keeper SIM league, and we're currently holding our annual prospect/unprotected player draft. The way it works is that each year, we can leave 5 of our players unprotected (usually older veterans) and we draft 5 new players, of which we can draft a prospect or we can draft an unprotected player. The rule is that any player we draft in this draft, we must keep for a minimum of 3 years.

Now it is my turn to draft, we're on the last round and I need a RW. I was thinking of picking up Scott Glennie (who has played RW on the Wheat Kings), but I noticed that one of the other teams has left, lo and behold, Peter Mueller unprotected. I've always liked Mueller, but I am concerned about his regression since his rookie season. Of course, picking up a young, established player would obviously be preferable to picking up a prospect like Schroeder, but I'd like some advice.

What I want to ask is, should I pass on Glennie, a very good prospect, to pick up Mueller (remember, I'd be stuck with him for at least 3 SIM years)? Is he worth the risk? What kind of stats do you see him putting up in the next three years?

Thanks in advance.