View Single Post
Old
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Disagree completely on Carter with Briere - and JVR. Briere's playmaking and ability to sneak into spots complements Carter's speed and JVR's vision perfectly. JVR made about 6 world class passes last night, in addition to being a natural in front of the net on screens. The kid's all right, leave him with Jeff and Danny.
I finally got to see JVR up close last night for the first time since catching his first college game (BU vs UNH at BU, Nov. '07). The kid just oozes talent and it's obvious he's going to be a force once he gets comfortable at the NHL level; he made a lot of heady plays and was heavily involved in game action on pretty much all of his shifts. JVR has size (which he's finally using), impeccable hands, and innate play-making ability. It's going to be fun watching him and Giroux develop into world-class players that can complement (and maybe even surpass) Richards and Carter up front.

Side note: A bunch of Flyers players' dad were at the game last night (easy to spot when there are older men wearing OKT and Powe jerseys), sitting a few rows in front of me. I was wearing my Giroux jersey and managed to meet his father on the concourse. You could tell how happy he was that someone was wearing his son's jersey -- he was just teeming with pride. He seemed awe-struck by the entire experience -- like he was living in a dream world. We had a friendly exchange and I made sure to tell him how lucky the Flyers were to have Claude. A really genuinely nice guy.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote