View Single Post
Old
12-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Travis Gawryletz

I had a chance to see him play in the Wisconsin/Minnesota-Duluth game earlier tonight. He played very well, didn't get any points though. Here's some of my (brief) observations about him:

First off, he plays for Minnesota-Duluth. He plays on the Bulldogs top defensive pairing with senior (and Sens prospect) Neil Petruic. The two compliment each other very well, although it was noticeable in the game that Gawryletz is still learning the college game.

He has good size (6'2"/200) but he could stand to put on a little more weight. He's an offensive-minded defenseman who can make some great outlet passes. He's a very good shot-blocker and skates very well. He plays on the point on UMD's power plays. The biggest knock on him (of what I saw this evening) is that he's not overly physical. He's good in one-on-one situations but doesn't play the body aggressive enough. At times, he looked to avoid the punishing hits rather than just doing it.

I'll see Wisconsin/Minnesota-Duluth again tommorow night and I'll see UMD several more times again before the regular season ends, so if you all would like, I'd be happy to keep you posted on Gawryletz's progress.