View Single Post
Old
10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I agree with the MIN commentators...

The Wild don't deserve to be down 2-0 at the end of the period. Shots even at 7-7 and despite several sustained shifts in the MIN end, I thought the Wild had the better scoring chances that period.

Minnesota has always been a team that layers their attack utilizing the full width and depth of the ice. We seem to be playing defense very similar to an 8u team with everyone huddling around the puck and poor positioning as you move farther away. The Wild will see that on video this intermission and take it to us if we don't clean up our D-zone coverage.

Need to be more aggressive to the net on the rush, MIN doing a good job clogging the neutral zone, but opportunities are there to enter with speed and attack off the rush. Gotta hit the net to create any chance of a sustained attack though...

Overall, I'll take it. Up 2-0 after one period. Second periods have traditionally been our worst, so...the team has got to forget about the score and take the ice again with a 0-0 mentality. Can't be thrilled with our play yet, but it's been working thus far. Must refocus during the intermission and go back out there with an attack mentality...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote