View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 06:43 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Ryder didn't have "A" good game, Ryder was fluctuating between good and amazing for all the games (intra-team and the two pre-season games). I know it, I saw the game last night. You live in denial.

I don't know if you're quoting someone at the begining of your post but "making few mistakes" actually means he didn't do many mistakes so what should he have done to have an OK game? Make none?

The more you say Ryder isn't anything special when EVERYBODY that saw him play says otherwise, the less credibility you will have, especially considering all you do is report tidbits of info (the ones you select) from other posters.

Again, you live in denial and are stuburn like no other. Ryder could score 4 goals, be +4 and hammer everybody along the boards all night long and you would still find something to say to bring him down like "it's the least he could do, he played with Koivu".
I'm as big a fan of Ryder's as anyone's, and have been since his first season in Hull but, this is preseason. I'm hoping he'll earn himself a spot come October, but I'm hesitant to jump on the Ryder-bandwagon here... Preseason hockey is AHL-calibre hockey. Same goes for intra-squad games. It's not the talent level so much as the loose systems, and numerous breakdowns that can occur... and just the individual talent isn't up to par at this stage. As such, Ryder's play is not indicative of whether he's NHL calibre or not.

Regardless, he has progressed, he has a good work ethic, we'll see in a few weeks if he's up for the NHL yet.