View Single Post
Old
10-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Steelhead16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sorry, but you're argument holds no water tonight. Ellis deserved to be pulled when he was. 3 shots, 3 goals. First one was through a screen and he had no chance, but the last two he got caught anticipating and was unable to make the save because he guessed on the shot location before it was released and got committed leaning the wrong way after a deflection on the second goal and Nolan kicking the puck to his stick about two feet away on the second.
My point wasn't about tonight. I've played defense for over 30 years and I always took it personally when my team gave up a goal. I would always try harder afterward to make sure that it didn't happen again. The Preds defense is awful in front of it's own net. It seems like as soon as they get scored on they get scored on again right away because everyone is scrambling around trying too hard and trying to do other people's job and not doing their own job. When you yank the goalie the first time then usually the other 20 guys take the blame on themselves. When you keep doing it you give them a place to put the blame and you lose the accountability that everyone should have. I know it comes with playing goalie but I feel it makes them play tight if they know they can't screw up.
I guess my main point is that if what you're doing isn't working, try something else. The Preds offense looks tight this year and the defense is just messy. They've looked a little better the past couple of games but nowhere near where they should be yet.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote