View Single Post
Old
10-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Fear not. With Markov, we only lose 7-3! (I figure he's good for scoring and/or setting up 2 and preventing 2 from the Gonchar-led Pens). Remember, when we hit the skids last year, Markov was healthy. We've slightly improved considering without him we're not losing every game. All that changed was the mediocrity of Breezy, Boullion and Komisarek being replaced by the mediocrity of Bergeron, Gill and Spacek. Hammer's been a bit better, Gorges about the same and O'Byrne is missing just when he was playing well (is there any other time he can get injured in the midst of?).
I think the game would have been completely different if Markov was there (and Gonchar as well).
I mean, Markov will help prevent and produce goals, but his mere presence will make Gill, Spacek, Mara play less. Maybe Gill doesn't even play and Bergeron is there instead.
Hamrlik has been solid so far this year. Gorges is as reliable as can be.
So if those players have less ice time, it could make them more efficient which means an overall better D. You can also add the improvements on offense.

That being said, it doesn't mean we wouldn't have lost 6-1, but it would have been in a different matter.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote