View Single Post
Old
10-30-2009, 02:14 AM
bland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
and you believe williams to the answer to said conundrum? we shall see... i thought simmonds was the answer for about three games, but he's gotten away from his game these last two nights.

if williams can come back and contribute to maintaining possession on attack, then great, but he's wasn't exactly ripping it up in that category before his injury.

i wonder if the question of the year--aside from trading frolov--will be who plays with kopitar and smyth.
And the answer is loud, clear, and pretty freaking obvious: Justin Williams.

That line has had one good game out of four with Simmonds up there. Check the first game - Simmonds' goal came with Frolov and Handzus, and the Kopitar/Smyth goals were on the PP or in the middle of line changes.

Look, I love me some Wayne Simmonds, and I was one of the "he's gonna be Deadmarsh" shouters in all the stupid trade proposals on the the main board, but he is just not suited for his current role - he is too inexperienced and tentative to be a consistent contributor at this early stage of his career.

I really feel that this should be the lineup come Monday:

Smyth - Kopitar - Williams
Frolov - Handzus - Brown
Parse - Stoll - Purcell
Ivanans - Richardson - Simmonds

Add in a revolving top 6-er taking Ivanans spot in the third period. Simmonds needs to simplify his game and get in on the puck faster. This really isn't that severe of a demotion, as Terry Murray give his 4th line solid minutes, with Parse and Purcell no doubt seeing their shifts cut later in the game.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote