View Single Post
Old
10-30-2009, 08:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I'm not sure the game looked the same on TV as it did in person, because having been there--this is likely the best game we've played all season. Any time you can limit an offensively-inclined team like Chicago the way we did, while also generating a good number of chances. I actually felt that we could have scored more goals than we did, if not for Huet, who I felt was strong again.

The PK is starting to look what we expected it to be. Scatchard has been a good addition to that aspect of our team. Shot blocking in particular has improved, nice to see everyone sacrificing themselves--I think that's a big part of why Chicago was offensively frustrated, honestly.

Word around the arena is that Erat's scratching WAS for performance, but Trotz was "doing him a favor" by calling it an injury.

The PP looked at times pretty good, and at times as bad as ever. Unfortunately, the times when it was at its worst were generally when Sullivan was overplaying the puck. I actually like the second unit of Bouillon and Franson...much less predictable than Suter and Weber are out there.

Hornqvist continues to be an absolute beast. Dumont has more points at the moment, but if I had to pick a best overall forward to this point, it's Horny for sure. I really like that line...dangerous every time they're out there.

Pekka was good when he had to be, but overall not as tested as some games...we'll take that. Hopefully he's getting his confidence back.

For some reason, I really don't like Kane or Byugflien, so seeing Kane get rocked by Weber three times in a row was rewarding.

While Hawks fans in the arena were quick to point out that they were without Toews...we were without Arnott and...Erat, so I don't know that it holds up.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote