View Single Post
Old
10-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Ovechkin is in the race for 50 in 50. Not sure he'll do it, by he is an absolute machine. This could be the year he separates himself from the other two, Still think Malkin has the highest upside, but consistency is his main downfall right now.
i hope he does get 50 in 50..the good thing he has going for him is that he is surrounded with very well skilled players/passers like Semin and Backstrom...i think Malkin is not a goalscorer like Ovie, Evgeni is not a prolific goalscorer in my opinion, plus his role with the Pens has become more of a team player assis guy...the only other guy that i think can match Ovechkin season to season (because of course there could be a guy that explodes in any given season like Kopitar and Gaborik are doing right now)..is Ilya Kovalchuk...the other good thing about Ovie is that he doesn't get injured, like Ilya does..he's my fav. player and i think could accomplish everything Ovie does except Kovie has just been so injury prone the last couple of seasons it sucks, can't expect to accomplish these things when you miss games every season

but i like Ovie a lot too, can't help but love the guy, he reminds me of Ronaldinho when he was with Barcelona, always happy upbeat involved in every play full of energy, amazing to watch..needless to say Ronaldinho is crappola right now lol

but yeah would be awsome to see Ovie do that, will be exciting for the sport, plus i also would like to see what Don Cherry has to say about it

Last edited by Panteras: 10-30-2009 at 03:03 PM.