View Single Post
Old
10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
He has played what 12 games? If use projections so early on then there would be 10+ 100pt players every year. Kopitar has 21 points in 14 games, but he is not going to put up a 100pts this year, as good as he is.

You really think Gaborik would score 63 goals? I mean, Ovechkin didn't even reach that total last year, and he is an absolute machine.

Gaborik is an 80-90 pt forward with the potential to have a peak year around 100-105 if everything goes perfectly. Of course this completely ignores the main issue ; injuries.

I've seen you make this mistake before. I don't think you understand how hard it is to acquire 100 points in a season in this climate, let alone do it multiple times.
Sorry, but I completely disagree. I think Gaborik is a 100+ point player outside of Minnesota neglecting injuries which will never happen with him.

I know how hard it is to hit 100 points, but I'll go out on a limb and say that I think Gaborik IF healthy (again, will never happen) could be the 4th best player in the NHL.