View Single Post
Old
12-05-2004, 02:07 AM
hfboardsuser

vCash: 500
Quote:
come up with a name then, not just center,let's actually discuss something credible.
Have you actually read my previous posts?

Quote:
and flexibility or inconsistency and unsurity.
As much as I put Cross down, there's a reason the Oil inked him to a three-year deal. He can play quite well as a #5-6 dman. I have Semenov beside him as that's his main competition for a roster spot.

I'm in no way unsure about the #6 spot. Woywitka's ready for primetime. And if he goes down injured, Greene comes in. If he's somehow impeded from doing so, Roy joins the team.

Quote:
Name one defenseman on the Oilers whose name isn't Eric Brewer that can handle playing huge minutes each game.
Steve Staois. He logged 1 MINUTE and 37 SECONDS less of ATOI. He's not going to die if he goes out an extra couple minutes a game. Jason Smith was only 3:19 less than Brewer.

Quote:
exaclty my point i am not comfortable with our defence as it is to trade brewer makes them that much worse. Smith and Stiaos as our number 1 pairing is just not a nice thought
We're missing the playoffs. How much worse can it get? Spare me the "it was only one point" bull. We'd have been wrecked in the first round anyway, as per the usual. This is another issue in itself, but I'd rather this team tank every year and get high draft picks than making absolutely no progress from season to season. I know the team will never do that, and thus the only way to try and improve is by trading commodities we can replace with players we already have. York can take Smyth's place. Staois can take Brewer's. It's not ideal, but it'll have to do, unless you want to continue with our present mediocrity.