View Single Post
12-05-2004, 11:09 AM
BCCHL inactive
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Your right..I was wrong..(Feels like an idiot..but hey I was taught that way from a higher lvl official and "assumed" he knew his stuff". It is just a face off..which the USA rulebook should REALLY think about changing..why you ask....Lets say Team B dumps the puck in while Team A is changing...4 of Team B are flying into the offensive zone with just one Defensman back...all he has to do is grab the puck in mid air and hold onto it...easy faceoff and no penalty. Took what could have been a great opprotunity away from Team B with that 4 man rush into the offensive zone. Its also the same in the NCAA rulebook. I dont know why this rule is allowed but I did notice that I had made the wrong call after re-looking it up in my rule book.

Also if the kids really want to use that rulebook to there advantage....if there are facing a lot of pressure in there zone...and need a faceoff badly or a stoppage.the kid could just bounce the puck off the board and catch penalty and they get there stoppage. It just does not make sense to me.
Doesn't make sense to me either. Up here, that's an easy Delay Of Game penalty under Rule 61 (b) and (c).