Old
10-31-2009, 03:41 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
RW/LW Shane Doan

-6'1", 220 lbs

-NHL All-Star game in 2004 and 2009
-represented Team Canada at the 2004 World Cup of Hockey, 2006 Winter Olympics, the 2005, 2007, and 2008 World Championships
-Scored the GWG for Canada in the Gold Medal game of the 2004 World Cup

-Captain of the Phoenix Coyotes since 2003-04.
-named an alternate captain of Canada's World Championship teams in 2005
-named the captain of Canada's World Championship teams in 2007
-Finished 6th in a poll of NHL players on the league's best leader in 2009.

Quote:
"The rest of the guys have to play every night like Shane Doan plays every night," Gretzky said with a sigh. And sure enough, the Coyotes captain took the loss hardest, staying in the rink until hours after the game. "I feel responsible," he said in the empty locker room. "You wonder if it's you. I get the most ice time. I'm the common denominator." Coyotes equipment manager Stan Wilson shakes his head in disbelief and says: "He's an emotional guy. He never wants to give up." Adds Darren Pang, a former NHL goalie and now the team's color commentator: "I want to give him a big hug." But the rugged right wing doesn't expect an embrace now, just as he never expected love from Liz. His nightly fight for the puck is much like those Alberta mornings in the muck: He'll endure anything, even a few kicks, for the chance to wake up the next day and do it again.

Quote:
In a poll of players, released after the All-Star break, Flames wing Jarome Iginla was named the top team leader in the NHL. Doan, who leads Phoenix with 22 goals and 52 points, finished a dark-horse sixth. "You feel his competitiveness," says Tikhonov, "seeing how he battles. I want to have that."
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3948980

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote