GDT - Nucks and Oil ... 9/22
View Single Post
09-20-2003, 11:04 PM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Couple of points about this game.
1. Will Koltsov or Vydarney get in. The Canucks obviously decided that Koltsov has no chance of playing in Vancouver so may just decide to relegate him to Manitoba with no pre-season Canuck action. If Vydarney doesn't play it is also an indication that he will not get a look this year. I would be in favour of giving each at least one game.
2. What about Justin Morrison. Is he he still hurt. Does he get a shot.
3. I think Allen should replace Ohlund in this game. They need to give Allen a very good look. They need to assess if he can play in Vancouver this year.
4. Also I wonder if Hedburg is ready. If not I get Moss and McVicar back in there for another look. Auld should be quickly assigned to Manitoba where he will obviouly play this year.
5. I hope in the next few games they don't play Cooke, Chubarov, the Sedins or Linden much and instead concentrate on Bouck, Kesler, Keane, Fedorov, King and Reid. The Canucks need to guage where these bubble players are in terms of the their NHL potential. They can use the last few exhibition games to get the first team in there and tune up for the season.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by orcatown