View Single Post
Old
10-31-2009, 10:18 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Save percentages, 1967-68 to 1978-79

Earlier on, I said I had purchased a book by Sebastien Tremblay, "Goaltenders: The expansion years" and was going to post the data from it for 1971-72 through 1974-75. Well, I got busy and never did that.

But now I have some time and I have noticed that these results are in some cases pretty different from what has been released through other sources such as The Hockey Compendium. I have thought about it, and considering this book follows up the "compiled" statistics with game-by-game breakdowns for every regular season and playoff game any goalie played, it has to be considered more legitimate.

Basically, I just want to get these results out here quickly and efficiently. I didn't bother with GP, W, L, T, SO... I just entered minutes, GA, SA. From this you can easily calculate GAA, sv% and SA/60. I'll post all the data here in chart format so that anyone who wants to take it and use it for analytical purposes can do so relatively easily.

(wow, here I am in the middle of compiling Doug Favell's stats and HNIC does a feature on his masks)

I've got it all typed out now... after I have second-checked each year, I'll post them.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote