Thread: Pouliot's camp
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

vCash: 500
I saw Pouliot at the Canadian Junior Camp in August and his pre-season debut this past Thursday against the Flames. He is at least three years away from competing at the NHL level.

Pouliot must improve his strength to compete against the level of competition in the NHL. His skating is okay but can be worked upon to get better. And he can continue to improve being a gritty player - Pouliot's strength is his finesse skills, and while he seemed okay with physical play, he needs to grow more assertive in fighting for the puck and battling. Beyond getting physically stronger, I think Pouliot will benefit by playing a full year of junior without injury. Secondly, he will no doubt improve by playing on a better team.

As an Oilers fan, I hope Pouliot will continue to develop. At this time, he remains a very green prospect with a lot of hard work required to take the next step.

Please do drop-by with regular update on his play in the 'Q.' We're all hoping Pouliot will succeed, however some of us are split on the impact he might have at the pro level.