View Single Post
Old
11-01-2009, 03:12 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
sorry man but i'm going to have to disagree with you....i guess we can agree to disagree if you will

all i have to say is, put Malkin in Atlanta and Kovie in Pittsburgh...see what happens, then you'll realize who is really the best....

skillset? what skills does Kovie lack? dude is a monster in everything, his release and marksmanship is 2nd to none...as far as dekes Malkin is no Datsyuk either so...in my opinion that point is moot since there are many players with amazing hands (ribeiro, kane, toews, etc..)

a good player can be great in a great team...

a great player can be great even in a midiocre team
Malkin was the best player in the NHL last year.

The Penguins aren't a great team. I maintain this theory. Malkin plays with average players himself. Indeed now Kovy has a better supporting cast than Malkin.

Malkin may not be as typically pleasing to watch, but he is a better player.

Malkin has hit the 100pt mark twice (rarely plays with Crosby, has Fedetenko/Dupuis/Sykora as his wingers last two years). Kovalchuk yet to hit 100 pts. You can play the bad team card and its valid to an extent, but great players will always put up points no matter where they are. Crosby and Ovy did so on awful teams in their first year. Being on a bad team oftens increases your stats ... see Jokinen.