View Single Post
Old
11-01-2009, 11:01 PM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Duchesne's a great pick this late. I guess I'll take the other late faller...

RW Brian Bellows
I had a hunch you would pick him. He's been on my radar for a while. Excellent goal scorer in tight. Crashes the net well. He found success playing both wings. The problem is, where does he fit? Second line LW, or a third scoring line winger? Yeah, I like him for those roles. But he's not strong defensively or physical. Doesn't bring enough to the table to play anything other than a scoring line role.

If he would have dropped to our pick in 21, we would have picked him as our 13th forward.

As for Duchesne, I'm not a fan. I don't know if his game translates well to the ATD. I think he could be a liability, even with 15 minutes per night, against the outstanding skill that some teams possess. His Norris finishes are partially due to a voting system that relies too much on stats. He sulked his way out of Quebec. Keenan couldn't wait to trade him out of St. Loo. I believe he wanted out of Ottawa.

Now, he was excellent in Detroit. He bought into what Bowman wanted, and he was rewarded with a career resurgence and a ring. But he can still be frustrating.