View Single Post
Old
11-02-2009, 02:58 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoalzie View Post
At worst, I hoped he could replace Samuelsson's production initially and eventually surpass it in the next few years. The talk of him winning the Calder or being a contender for the award was asking too much too soon.
The problem seems to be, at this point, the Wings have signed three Samuelsson replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Personally, I feel not enough pressure has been put on Leino. I'd like to see him get a shot playing with either Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Homer is scoring, but nobody else has done jack squat when they've gotten a chance to play on Datsyuk's or Zetterberg's wing. Bertuzzi, Cleary, Williams... all fail.
You never know what a young skill player will do with two other skill players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Leino could be Holmstrom Lite, or he could just be another fail. The only problem with putting too much pressure on him too soon is he could have a huge collapse. This is only his second year in the North American system, and you don't want to give him a major setback before he has anything TO set back.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote