View Single Post
Old
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Nah, they simply rotated because of the movement of the puck and the Stars' players after Klein rung the puck around the boards from behind the net. Hamhuis stepped out to challenge a loose puck and prevent #21 from walking off of the boards to get off an uncontested shot in the slot. Klein then took responsibility for the left D position in front of the net his only mistake was trying to help Rinne cover the puck instead of taking out Ott. Hamhuis came back into the crease and cleared #19 out so he couldn't get to the puck. A simple fundamental mistake by Klein of playing the puck not the man.

That and it was a PP goal so there will be an out numbered situation somewhere all of the time....that's the point.
fair enough... but Hamhuis was out above the face-off dot, right (memory was fuzzY)? I mean, if the point of the PP is that there is someone going to be open, wouldn't you rather have the guy up near the blue-line having an uncontested shot rather than allowing them to have a 2 on 1 down low with Klein being the "1"?

But then again, Hammer may have been covering for Smithson(? - maybe Ward?). I can't really remember. I just remember thinking at the time that Klein was left out to dry.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote