View Single Post
Old
11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
fair enough... but Hamhuis was out above the face-off dot, right (memory was fuzzY)? I mean, if the point of the PP is that there is someone going to be open, wouldn't you rather have the guy up near the blue-line having an uncontested shot rather than allowing them to have a 2 on 1 down low with Klein being the "1"?

But then again, Hammer may have been covering for Smithson(? - maybe Ward?). I can't really remember. I just remember thinking at the time that Klein was left out to dry.
It is part of the rotation and if Hamhuis doesn't come out to challenge the loose puck, then Eriksson walks in off the boards - taking the space that Hamhuis would have given him - and creates a 2 on 1 down low, which is more dangerous. It was simply part of the penalty killing rotation...

What I remember seeing live (and I didn't tape the game so I can't go back and look) was that Klein played the puck around the boards and then simply didn't recover to the front of the net. As soon as I saw him hesitate and Dallas recover the puck I knew that we were going to need a heck of a save by Rinne with no rebound because Ott was standing alone in front.

As NIF said, Klein did get there as Rinne made the first save, but then he tried to make a play on the puck, rather than tie up Ott who was free to make a play at the puck himself. Hamhuis tied up the other side of the net, but Klein went to Ott's right (net middle) and the puck squirted out to the left - leaving Ott as the only person able to reach it...

Overall though, Klein had a pretty good game otherwise...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote