View Single Post
Old
11-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Garl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
we know many examples when young and talented become a bust!like Lehtonen for example. ( i hope i am wrong in case of Markstrom) Proskuryakov have been main goalie in Metallurg second season in row and he isnt old either ( only 22) . however for some reason he is overrated ( we all know why).
SEL nor KHL produce a goalies but junior hockey systems. talking about numbers? currently there is 4 goalies from Russia and 4 from Sweden in NHL. Russians have a 3 first goalies out of 4 and Sweden only 1(Lundqist). so based on what you are saying SEL producing better goalies?
PS: i havnt seen anybody else on HFB who continuously bashing one specific nation like you? i would say thats sick
Lehtonen isn't a bust, and overall that's a very bad example, we all know where his problems are.

Proskuryakov is overrated in Russia, because he is young and somewhat sucessful, and lately we had no young and succesful goalies in Russia. But in terms of his level, he is overrated, and doesn't have NHL potential.

Now, first you started this KHL vs SEL, then when I have said about goalies production you are bringing up soviet people like Khabi and Nabby, what's the point? Lately KHL/RSL almost didn't produced at all in terms of goalies. Was I wrong when I've said there's no difference where do goalies play? If anything SmLiiga which is 3-4 league in Europe produced more NHL goalies than SEL and KHL combined.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote