Old
11-03-2009, 10:17 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Was this an issue during the summer for him?
This is from late August...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...918&type=story

Quote:
Flyers forward Simon Gagne strained his groin practicing with Team Canada and will be examined by a team doctor in Philadelphia.

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren says the Team Canada doctor doesn't believe the injury is serious but Gagne is returning for a second opinion anyway.

Holmgren says Gagne got hurt Monday evening and will have his follow-up exam with Flyers doctor Peter DeLuca on Wednesday.

The left wing was third on the team with 74 points last season and scored 34 goals, good for second on the team behind Jeff Carter.

Gagne, who had hip surgery to remove a bone spur and adhesions in May, said he felt tightness in his hip and groin as Monday night's practice started.

"I thought it was going to be an easy practice, but the tempo was very fast right away during the very first drill. Guys were obviously trying to show their best. I had been skating back home for about two weeks but not at that high level. I kind of felt that it was getting a little bit tight on me, close to the hip and groin," he said.

Gagne said he talked to the trainers and "they pulled me out and there was really no question to try to push it again."

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote