View Single Post
Old
11-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
It doesn't make sense for them to keep pitching to Utley when he has been killing them and Howard looks absolutely clueless at the plate.
Alright, even in the best of times Howard doesn't look all that brilliant at the plate...he just pounds the ball. If you're the Yankees, you have two ways to go...start pitching around Utley and likely put him on (he'll take his walks), and then you're looking at going throw Howard (who was hot hot hot earlier in the playoffs) and Werth, who has also been hot in the playoffs.

Phils have a tough order...but I'd always look to pitch to them with as few runners on as possible, so that means that even though Howard has been struggling, I'm not going to give up on Utley. If there are runners on, you have to pitch to him...if there aren't, I'd play my odds on risking the one-run HR.

It's a tough call.

Quote:
They definitely need a better approach this time. I think this match up favors them and they should get Pettitte out of the game early.
Happily, they seemed to learn from last time a bit with Burnett...Game 2 was one of the more frustrating games I've watched in a while because they kept letting first pitch strike go by. When that pitch came to Utley last night, he deposited it.