View Single Post
Old
11-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
You're right. It has nothing to do with playing on the most dominant team of our era, nothing at all. Detroit is so good because of Osgood, who needs:
Lidstrom
Rafalski
Kronwall
Ericsson
Stuart
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Holmstrom
Franzen
Williams

From what I understand all those players are dead weight that Osgood is carrying. Bunch of floaters!

So in the end I say with great humility, you're right, Osgood is carrying the Redwings. What was I thinking!?

Have you thought about rooting for the Redwings instead of the Habs?? You seem to like their team better then the Canadiens.

When did I ever say that Ozgood is carrying the Wings?

Yeah, Ozzie has had tremendous talent in front of him - not exactly his fault!

I have never said or implied that Ozgood was another Patrick Roy
- all I said was that Ozgood was a good enough goalie to win multiple Cups - Hell, Gainey's Montreal teams can't even win multiple series (even over a 6+ year stretch)!

I have seen great teams not get very far in the playoffs because they lacked good - or even adequate - goaltending......not so Detroit.

Ozgood may not be as good as Roy or Brodeur - but he has proven to be better than any thing Habs currently have in goal!

And no - I'm a lifelong Habs fan - I just appreciate good hockey - and wish the Hbas could be half as consistant as the Wings at winning!