View Single Post
Old
11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
saints96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
Well said.

Anyone who has actually played hockey and watches the games with awareness of what is actually going on will clearly see that our defence did not even do the basic things needed to limit Atl. to outside shots and low percentage shots enough. They were frequently not in the right position. Atl. had two tap in goals because the D men were not in the right position. If you look at the goals Atl. scored most of them were the result of breakdowns in the defensive coverage.

The Dmen did not cover as they should have, and the forwards did not backcheck hard enough and quick enough to cover the 3rd man in our defensive zone. Also, Atl was constantly using drop passes in our D zone to get quality shots and our forwards were not covering them.

I think A. Kosti played better than he has for a while. He was hitting, and forechecking with more intensity than he has most of the previous games this year. He also got 3 or 4 shots on the net. With Chips as his center he will not score much. The Habs have not scored even one goal with Chips on the Ice that I recall. Not one.

I think we would be helped if he played on a line with Gomez or Metro as his center. They both think pass first then shoot if no good passing option is available. Pleks thinks shoot first then pass. Remember Ryder? He had a great shot but did little or nothing if he was not getting good set ups for open quality shots and he scored 30 goals twice for the Habs.
i couldnt agree more. dont get me wrong i think plek along with cammy have been out best players for far this season. But like you said he does have the shoot first pass second mentality. If he were to just reverse that mentality he would be 2ice the center that he already is and hes doing damn well this season.

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote