View Single Post
Old
11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Well I did say "scoring" as opposed to "scorers".
yes you did... I will give that to you, you little sneak.

Quote:
Personally, I think the idea of a "play maker" is a little overrated. I don't think sticking a Savard or Thornton on the first line with Gaborik is necessarily going to yield better results than if you put a guy like Jeff Carter in their place. Player X passing to player Y only lasts until the defense is able to figure out whats going on.
yes it can. Stick a savard with Gaborik, and then put prospel on the second line, and now you have two lines with very dangerouls playmakers. Or just put Savard on the second line and team him w/ Cally and somebody else and i can guarantee they will start scoring more.

i guess i didn't say what I was thinking clearly, but I want a playmaker not for the first line, but for the second line, so teams can not put their best defensive forwards and dmen on the ice at the same time and not worry about the other lines.

We are lacking that second dangerous playmaker, who can set up our secondary scorers in Kotalik, Cally, or Drury.

Quote:
What we're lacking is players with puck skills. Ability with the puck translate into time of possession, which translates into scoring chances, and.. you get the idea. We don't necessarily need a play maker for Drury and Callahan on the 2nd line, we just need a guy who's first instinct isn't to chase the puck into the corner. You can still be a goal scorer while retaining some sort of ability to pass the puck.

Sometimes chemistry is all you need to get the job done.

absolutely true. I sorta generalize puck skills, with playmakers though. I guess I shouldn't.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote