View Single Post
Old
11-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
yes it can. Stick a savard with Gaborik, and then put prospel on the second line, and now you have two lines with very dangerouls playmakers. Or just put Savard on the second line and team him w/ Cally and somebody else and i can guarantee they will start scoring more.
Well of course it can, but it's not a guarantee. I think either strategy would be beneficial at this point.

Quote:
i guess i didn't say what I was thinking clearly, but I want a playmaker not for the first line, but for the second line, so teams can not put their best defensive forwards and dmen on the ice at the same time and not worry about the other lines.

We are lacking that second dangerous playmaker, who can set up our secondary scorers in Kotalik, Cally, or Drury.
I understand what you mean, and I do agree with you, I'd just assume have a guy who is a better player in all aspects of the game rather than just passing.

If I were Tortorella, I'd try:

Prospal - Dubi - Gaborik
Lisin - AA - Kotalik
Avery - Boyle - Callahan
Byers - Drury - Higgins

I think that's the best use of our roster based on performance and the chemistry we've seen so far. If Tortorella likes Prospal in the middle, try Dubinsky on the wing.

Drury needs to get his **** together. Maybe 6 minutes a night will get him motivated. However, I still think he needs some PP time to try and get his scoring touch back.

Anyway, I'm a little OT at this point.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote