View Single Post
Old
09-21-2003, 08:16 AM
TazzMetal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Well I think you are assuming that players today are just as good as Lemieux and Gretzky were in their primes. The simple fact mario Lemieux led the scoring race for 3/4 of the season and would have probably won the scoring race if Kovavlev hadnt been traded shows how much better these players were. Lemieux is not in his prime now. Turgeon is not in his prime now. However only 2 years ago Turgeon had a great year and the Blues finished first overall in the league. It shows good players can still stand ouut.
Not at all. I never assumed any of this and this is getting into a game who's assuming what the other assumed. Turgeon had good years playing with the Blues, but he was playing with a great team and had great linemates but I still give him all the credit in the world.

Anyways, this is going away from the fact that Turgeon would be a terrible addition to our line-up which cannot handle another aging veteran, a nightmare for our payroll, a new target for the Brisbois haters and would take another spot away from our youngsters. It's time to get young, not old.

Quote:
The offensive era wa sthe 80's with Grets, Mario was alone in the 90's.
The early 1990's was all offense as well. Otherwise, you would not have seen 76 Goals by Selanne & Mogilny or 10+ players reaching 100 pts a year.