View Single Post
Old
11-04-2009, 10:03 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I don't think we really need goal scorers... I think what we really need is a playmaker. Not that Marchant fits that bill. But look at the team we have. Gabby, Kotalik, Cally, Drury, Lisin are all goal scorers first and foremost. Avery is more a goalscorer than a playmaker.

Prospal is a playmaker. Anisimov and Dubi are supposed to be playmakers, but both are still learning how to do that at this time. And truth be told I think dubi can actually be a better goalscorer than playmaker, but is being thrust into a playmaking role.

We need another bonafide playmaker whether it be on the wing or at center to shore up that #2 line, which will then help to shore up the #3 line.
Antropov has got 12 assists down in Atlanta. 12 assists in 12 games. Still early yes. But i think the Rangers should have brought him back. He also is a scoring threat with a much better shot than Higgins.
I really don't care where Higgins goes. I think Montreal got rid of him for the same reason i don't like him. He's too dam slow, he's not a natural goal scorer (like "captain crap") and he has no play making ability.
But oh yes. He can kill penalties!!!! Terrific. If the Rangers can get someone with speed to put more pressure on the defense with all these dumps and chases, (because every team is trapping them) I'm for it.
If i'm Sather, i don't want Higgins back next year anyway. Let him move closer too home and go to the Islanders.
Really, i wish the Rangers could trade Higgins and ?? for someone like Brendan Witt. That would be ideal. We need more toughness back there on the blue line.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote