Old
11-04-2009, 11:09 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
To me, the calling out of mistakes is revisionist history for most of us who really liked the moves at the time. I was ridiculously encouraged by the additions of Alberts and Ward at the time and even Harrison to provide some snarl on the back end. I highly underrated the presence of Seidenberg on our defensive group and highly overrated the potential impact that Kostopoulos and Yelle would have on our 4th line.

At some point it goes away from, "it's just November", into the territory that we've lost 1/8th of our season in a row and we are now right at 1/5th of the way through our season with a whopping 7 points in the standings.
Oh I know, that's part of what makes this season so damn depressing for me. I entered this season with extremely high hopes, I thought we were going to make a push back into the top 6 of the conference again with a team better built for the playoffs.

Oh how wrong I was.

This isn't even 2002-03 bad, and we finished dead ****ing last that year, this is a whole new level of terrible. 02-03 I thought we would win the division again but I thought the entire division was going to be terrible. But now? NOW? If JR doesn't go through with the rebuild starting by trading our impending UFAs at the deadline I probably am not going to renew season tickets next year. And I know more then a few people that are with me on that sentiment.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote