View Single Post
Old
11-05-2009, 10:06 AM
TheRedressor

vCash: 500
I think Vinny to NYR makes sense in Sather's realm. It appears that Torts is here for the long term. Vinny is putting up a point per game while coming back from wrist surgery. He is going to build back his stregnth and still has another 5-7 seasons where he will be DOMINANT. I wouldn't be suprised to see Sather start with a package that looks something like this:

To NYR:

Lecavalier
Ranger

To TB:

Drury*
Sanguinetti/McDonagh
Higgins
Dubinsky/Callahan
Sauer
2010 1st Round Draft Selection

*Obviously this is pending Drury being convinced to move his no movement clause. Frankly I am not sure he would want to be on a team that does not want him. (Enter the not ruining his Christmas jokes)

For Tampa Bay this deal makes all the sense in the world. They are already torn with there management to keep Vinny or not. This would allow an aleviation of 80 Million Dollars for the next 10 years on their payroll. They would take on Drury who has 2 more seasons of 7 million per as well as Higgins salary dump. Dubinsky/Callahan are going to be on their team for at least two years and they will have the ability to build with one of them as part of the young nucleaus as a complimentry player to Stamkos. Sauer has #6 defenseman minimum written all over him.

This might be a type of deal which would help both franchises long term.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote