View Single Post
Old
11-05-2009, 10:50 AM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Kovalchuk was 43-48-91 last season. He's been scoring 40-50 goals every year for the past 5 years on Atlanta. To me that's a much safer bet than up-and-down Vinny who's point totals at the end of the season have been all over the place (51, 37, 78, 66, 75, 108, 92, 67). Vinny is a low-to-mid 30s goal scorer who's played with St. Louis for years. Kovalchuk has played with practically no one for years.

Kovalchuk looks to be the definition of consistency. That's what I want out of a player I'm paying to be a superstar. That's what Drury and Gomez didn't have. That's what I don't think Vinny has. Consistency.

Let's see how consistent IK will be when his leg heals. Injuries effect superstars as mush as regular folks. Vinny is coming out of wrist surgery. Don't you think wrist is related to scoring?

And why scoring is the criteria? LeCavalier is a centre. Centre is your 3rd D that also provides the offense. 3rd line - more defense, 1st line - more offense. As I pointed out many times offense and scoring is not the same. Scoring is sniper's job. IK is a sniper, that what he does. We've got sniper in Gaborick, we need 1st line C. Vinny is the best in NHL in that position, IMO.
Bottom line: can't compare apples and oranges just because both are fruits.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote