View Single Post
Old
12-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
To be fair..

I do believe Ola means that Poti would have had more points without Kovalev and Leetch as it would have given hi PP time - which this past season, he didn't really see a heck of a lot until they were gone as both, for a while, we ahead of him on the depth chart. Being a partner to Leetch doesn't necessarily help out your point totals as often you do not touch the puck, or it's touched twice more after you get the puck to Leetch, thus excluding you from the point.

To put-out some numbers: Poti averaged 3:25 per game on the PP; Lidstrom 4:49 and Leetch 5:01, pretty significant differences (although I had originally thought Poti was a bit less).

While +/- means little to me typically, and I'm not going to argue Poti's +/- to say he's a good defensive defenseman ('cause he isn't), or that he's physical (and +/- obviously doesn't translate into physical play) - Kaspar's high numbers were because he had a good year going against third and fourth lines, where he belonged.

John, PP points do matter. As mentioned above, Poti did not receive an abundance of PP time and thus his assist totals were low.

Last edited by Fletch: 12-07-2004 at 02:12 PM.