View Single Post
Old
12-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
I explained exactly how they would do it in my post. They replace the veterans we don't resign at a lower cost.

As I said in the other thread, how do the star players continue to make their current salaries, so that they are "big tickets" that the Leafs can't afford...yet play in a $35 million hard cap?
Come on Pep you are a smart guy ..You can't say Roberts OUT - Kariya IN .. Newy OUT - Lindros IN ... Mogilny OUT ..Kovalev IN .. it just doesnt work like that ..

When I replace the players as contracts expire (Grandfather) with ZERO UFA just from within the team barely gets to the Salary Cap amount ..

2003-04 Season OVER
MINUS (Berehowsky, Francis, Fitzgerald, Johansson, Kidd , Marchment, Reichel, Renberg) ALL READY OFF THE BOOKS..

2004-05 Now : Team Salary 64 Million ~= 29 Million over .. 2004-05 (if there is a season)

2005-06 Year : Team Salary 47 Million ~= 12 Million over ...

MINUS (Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Leetch, Mogilny) IN (Kukumberg, Steen, Hedin, Wellwood)

2006-07 Year : Team Salary 35 Million
MINUS (Belfour, Nolan, Domi) IN (Jeremy Williams, John Mitchell, JF Racine)

NO UFA until 2 seasons have passed from now .. I did replace all leaving vets with rookies and prospects from with in ..

Last edited by Mess: 12-07-2004 at 06:42 PM.