View Single Post
Old
11-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post
He sort of half wrestled half fought Brian Lee/Steve Downie/Petr Prucha last year and then wrestled with Lucic a bit in a scrum last year, and that's it.

The year before that he had Talbot and Axelsson and only the Talbot bout could even be called a real fight. He mostly just holds on for dear life when in a scrap.

So yeah. It's hard to say if these constitute 'stepping up' or not, they aren't really scraps, more grappling matches... I guess we will see how he does this year, but it looks like he doesn't plan to make it part of his game. The Armstrong incident was a nice moment though!

As long as his team mates are ok with his play than I certainly am, that would be the only thing that would make me upset with him, but it really isn't something we can comment on. All we can do is project our feelings towards Lappy onto his teammates but anyone presuming to actually have a sense of how the team feels about him is reaching to say the least.
That truly is the most important factor here. I'm just worried that by not answering the bell once in awhile. Players on other teams will get him back, you can only play his style for so long before you have to answer back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
haha, you're really buying into the garbage McGuire spews, eh?

Freaking sportsfans who can't form their own opinions...
Well since he's actually there at the games listening to what players say first hand. I would say he's a much better person to listen to than some poster who sits on his ass watching the games from his living room.