View Single Post
Old
11-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Bob1960

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Saw Jordan Nolan in action last night against Windsor.

Didn't take him long to get his game back. He was the Greyhounds best skater in the game. Really the only Greyhound player generating scoring chances (save a few nice plays from Catenacci). His acceleration and first step aren't great, but once he gets going, he's hard to stop. Took the puck to the outside and beat his defender along the wall a couple of times, both leading to eventual scoring chances. On the lone Hounds goal, he made a beautiful pass to a streaking Michael Quesnele on the powerplay. It was a beautiful and hard pass cross ice through two Spits defenders. The only thing he's missing right now is his timing. Had a few good opportunities to score but missed on them as he either failed to get a shot off, or shot it well wide.

I Remember watching Nolan at the Development camp. Needless to say did not leave much of an impression on me at all. Terrible skater, both stride and quickness. His hands were nothing special either. Very marginal player, I dont understand why we even drafted him to be quite honest. He is a big kid, and Im unsure if hes an enforcer with his junior club? Thats the only role I ever see for this kid, and even that will only be at the AHL level.

Bob1960 is offline   Reply With Quote