Thread: Prospect Info: Mac Bennett
View Single Post
Old
11-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX PACIORETTY View Post
Hey whats up everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a chance to see Mac Bennett play today for team USA in the World Junior A challenge here in PEI. They were playing in the semi finals versus russia and have made it to the finals. It was pretty exciting for me because of where I live I don't get to see any prospects play. In fact he is the first montreal prospect I have seen since Max Lapierre. Ill tell you it is really early to tell but this kid has a ton of potential. Hard to say if he will ever make the NHL but it was a treat to watch him. He played in all situations. Power Play, lots of Reg Ice time and was on the ice for a 5 on 3 Penalty Kill. He was + 1 in the game and had an assist. Im sure some of you saw him in the development camp but Mac is a very very good skater. He has very good vision on the Ice and uses his teamates well. His first pass out of the zone was very accurate and very timely. He made very good decisions with the puck and was always in position. One thing that I think compliments all of this is that he has a very deceptive and hard shot from the point. I loved watching him play. Well i hope everyone enjoyed my little write up I thought it might brighten up the season a bit with so many of our defensemen going down to injury. I don't know If we will ever see him with our Habs but I sure hope so. To me he seems like a steal in the 3rd round if he can put on another 20-30 pounds
Nice post! Thanks for your insight!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote